Hey to the family in CA!

These nails are actually inspired by something I saw on my Aunt Les' blog the other day. I wanted to show her what I've been working on (this new blog) and decided a design done especially for her was a pretty cool idea. As I was perusing her blog pictures of some of her creations and finds, I settled on this vintage fabric as inspiration for my next nail design. I tried my best to make it look like the fabric (did I mention I wasn't an artist?) but I'm not sure it worked out. Eh, either way it was fun trying!


By the way, you can check out her blog here.

I used China Glaze White on White as the base for all fingers. For the design on each I used:
Index - Wet'n'Wild 423B, China Glaze Awaken
Middle - Orly Liquid Vinyl and Kiss Brush-On Nail Art Paint in Black 
Ring - China Glaze Coconut Kiss, Wet'n'Wild 423B, Kiss Brush-On Nail Art Paint in Black 
Pinky - Kiss Brush-On Nail Art Paint in Black and China Glaze Shower Together 
Thumb - Kiss Brush-On Nail Art Paint in Black, China Glaze Shower Together, China Glaze Coconut Kiss, and Wet'n'Wild 423B

Also, a CHALLENGE! I've now purchased way WAY too many nail polishes. The workers at Beautyland (my discount nail polish heaven) probably have my picture on the wall with "Do not sell to" written below. I'm cutting myself off. NO MORE nail polishes until I've used EACH one as a base for a nail design. Hm, I wonder how long this will take...

Oh yeah and before I go...a little message for my family in California!

I miss you guys!! Hope you're enjoying your summer!

1 comment

  1. Nikki, these are amazing...I love them! You've captured the colors and the retro feeling of the design perfectly. Who says your not an artist! And we LOVED the personal message to us all! What a fun blog. I can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig