Country Challenge


I was recently nominated by the lovely nail blogger behind Creativenails4fun to participate in a little blog challenge called the "Country Challenge." Since it's Olympics GO USA time for me, I thought it would be a really neat challenge to accept and see what I could come up with. I agree with Creativenails4fun and I didn't want to just do the country flag (I just did a US flag for the previous post). However, you can't get too much more American than stars and stripes. I mean, check out the Team USA warm up uniforms from the Opening Ceremony at the Sochi Winter Olympics! Ralph Lauren decided on stars and stripes red, white, and blue galore! I used this as inspiration for my Country Challenge nails and came up with these:
For this look: I used China Glaze Frostbite (for the winter olympics), ULTA Cocktail Waitress, Zoya Snow White, BundleMonster plates BM14, BM20 and BM214 for the stripes and stars. Unfortunately, the glare of the light blocked out the A in my "USA" on my thumb nail and I didn't notice until now! :( Bummer!

The rules for this challenge are:
  1. Name the person who challenged you. - I already mentioned this but in case you missed it, it was the talented blogger behind Creativenails4fun!
  2. Create a manicure that represents your country, and matches your chosen theme. - Stars and Stripes RED WHITE & BLUE GALORE
  3. Nominate 5 bloggers to do the same. - YOLO. I challenge anyone who checked this post out to complete this Country Challenge! Comment below with a link if you decide to do it so I can check it out =)
Lastly, don't forget to check out my giveaway I'm hosting right now. You could win 6 holographic Color Club polishes! Here are the deets!

2 comments

  1. the blue is really cool and i find this mani design really cute, cause it's not the same old flag but it has its colors and elements. it's fun, different and bubbly. the inspiration you took from the uniforms is cool. i couldn't read usa at first but i found the deisgn cool anyway. i'm sorry but this nationalistic challenge isn't really in my notes so i won't participate, but i'm very open to ideas like that. what about a twin post or hosting each other's mani? let me know in a comment in my blog or mail. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah the "USA" is so hard to read. I chose the wrong size dotting tool and then couldn't put the space I needed between the letters :( Also, the glare from the light did NOT help. Anyways, I would love to do a twin post! What do you mean by hosting each other's mani? I'd be cool with that too. I'll comment your blog in a few minutes with some twin post manicure ideas!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig