Holo Ombre

This is just another nail design that proved way too difficult for me to capture on my camera with my limited photography skills. I used alll 6 of the Color Club holos that I have and layered them to try to make a gradient/ombre. In person, the ombre is super obvious. In the photo is a WHOLE different story. If you look reallllllly close you can see the holo transition from purple at the tip to blue to pink to orange to green. I took a bunch of photos in a bunch of different lights to see if I could capture it.
I guess that's the point of a holo though -- to have every color reflecting in each polish. Better in person for sure!

2 comments

  1. oh wow nikki, seriously! in the second pic it shows for sure, no doubt about the gradient and i think this is such a unique and creative/innovative idea that i commend you to spread it all over your twitter and social networks for the world to see and for the internet to take it as a new trend, meme and viral!!! i have never been a holos fan so i don't think i have any of this kind but oh my gosh now i wish i could try this out! it sounds so easy to do yet so spectacular. it's true, holos are about rainbowy finish but i love that the gradient looks so subtle and blended and it doesn't metter if at a first glance they just look like regular holo nails, it looks eye catching anyway. this one is genious, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I will have to add it to my instagram! It WAS so easy to do too so literally anyone with holos can do it :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig